TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE CAREFULLY AS YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN TO SHOW YOUR AGREEMENT IN ORDER TO REGISTER FOR THIS AMAZING CHALLENGE!
1. The Seekers' Quest is a volunteer led project, delivered in association with UK registered charities Islamic Help (1100259) and Ebrahim College (1108141). It is not itself a registered charity.
2. In return for a place on the Snowdon in the Snow Challenge (the Trek), participants must pay a registration fee of £30, due immediately with the completed application form. Please speak to a representative if you cannot pay the deposit immediately upon application.
3. Participants must also commit to raising a minimum amount of sponsorship money (£250). This must be paid in full within two weeks of completing the Trek (8th December 2018). However, 75% of the target amount must be paid one week before the trek itself or by the day of the Trek. Failure to submit the minimum sponsorship amount may affect our decision to allow the participant to take part in the Trek.
4. All funds raised in the name of The Seekers' Quest must be paid to The Seekers' Quest as soon as is practical. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Islamic Help’ and sent to: TOYRIS MIAH, ISLAMIC HELP, 7-8 DAVENANT STREET, TOWER HAMLETS, LONDON E1 5NB.
5. Should participants have to cancel, the £30 deposit is non-refundable.
6. Should participants not be able to take up their place on the Trek, all donations or sponsorship already paid to The Seekers' Quest can only be refunded directly to the donor on receipt of a written request (letter or email) from them.
7. While we endeavour to follow the itinerary provided, there may be exceptional circumstances when this is not possible. We reserve the right to cancel or modify the itinerary as necessary. Due to the nature of the Trek and the advance planning necessary, changes may have to be made and SQ organisers reserve the right to do so. Should a material change be necessary, SQ organisers will inform participants as soon as is reasonably possible.
8. All transfers to and from the meeting point for the Trek are entirely the responsibility of the participant. If you wish to travel alone to Mount Snowdon you MUST notify SQ organisers at least two weeks before the date of the Trek.
9. Participants under the age of 16 at the commencement of the challenge may only take part with written parental consent. All participants between the ages of 13-15 (inclusive) at the commencement of the challenge MUST be accompanied by a guardian aged over 16 during the challenge. All participants between the ages of 13-15 at the commencement of the challenge will remain the responsibility of their guardian throughout the duration of the challenge. Anyone under the age of 13 will not be allowed to take part due to the physical nature of the Trek.
10. Participants over the age of 55 or with any ongoing medical condition which may be affected by taking part e.g. a heart complaint, epilepsy or asthma, must provide a medical certificate from their doctor.
11. All participants take part at their own risk. The Seekers' Quest is unable to accept liability for any injury or death, loss or damage to property however arising, or for cancellation of the event for any reason outside of its control. Registration fees will only be refundable should the Trek be cancelled before transport departs from Whitechapel.
12. The Seekers' Quest organisers reserve the right to use any photography or videos taken of participants on behalf of the charities to raise awareness and/or funds for the project. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed please let an organiser know.
13. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions in this form, participants are confirming that to the best of their knowledge their general state of health is good and they take full responsibility for their health and personal wellbeing. It should be noted, regardless of the age of participant, that every care should be made to ensure that they are fit enough to take on the challenge.
14. The Seekers' Quest organisers cannot guarantee weather conditions, including the presence of snow on Mount Snowdon at the time of the Trek due to circumstances out of our control.
In signing the registration form you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions laid out above. If you are applying on behalf of someone else, please make sure they have read a copy of the Terms and Conditions.